In these (semi-regular) posts, I share five things.
Loves, hates, ideas I’m pondering, places I’m supporting, whatever.
This week is quarantine focused, since we’re in lockdown due to COVID19. Stay safe, guys!
Here we go:
PODCAST I’VE DISCOVERED:
I couldn’t be more proud of my friend Alison Ingleby, who has created the Footprints On Our Hearts podcast, all about baby loss, legacy and learning to live again.
Heavy topics, for sure. One of the last taboos, as Alison describes this area in the podcast’s introductory episode.
And yet, a hugely important topic.
It takes a great deal of courage to put yourself out into the world and open up about something so personal and so emotive. I had chills as I listened to the first episode yesterday.
Even if you’re fortunate enough to not have been affected by this particular type of loss, I’d recommend you listen.
We listen, we become aware, and then we can begin to understand.
And has understanding and connection ever been more important than it is right now?
BOOK I’M READING:
You know I’m a loud and proud Brene Brown fan girl, right?
If she recommends a book, my only possible response is: shut up and take my money.
And so I’m reading Untamed by Glennon Doyle.
I. Am. Obsessed. With. This. Book.
Just buy it.
TV SERIES I’M MISSING:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen such widespread, collective watching of a show as I have recently for Netflix’s Tiger King.
I saw the posts, I watched the show, I may never be the same again.
If you’ve seen it, you’ll know what I mean.
QUESTION I’M PONDERING:
Is the UK lockdown lawful?
And I’m not the only one asking this question, apparently.
COVID19 SURVIVAL PLAN I’M FOLLOWING:
- Wake up at a regular time each morning – no sleeping in – and bed by 10pm as normal
- Eat some fresh fruits and vegetables, damn it
- Have a clear split shift routine for work and parenting
- Less phone time
- More reading time
- Get outdoors for a walk every day
- Checking in with loved ones remotely – texts, videos and video calls are helping us keep in touch
- Support the businesses I value – including tonight’s DIY pizza kit from local pizza restaurant, The Rustic Crust
Stay safe in these strange times!