I’ll talk more about my ongoing battle with ambition vs. contentment and how that’s affecting my goal making process, but for now here are my January goals.
After the magical build up of Christmas, the fun of the day itself, and the dead zone afterwards, I’m always very ready for a return to normal in January. Back to work. Back to school. Back to getting up at 6am and following my morning routine. Back to eating real food and bookending my days with dog walks. Back to knowing where I am meant to be at any given time!
- Read four books pre-owned by me pre-2023. This is feeding into my bigger goal of reading 20 books pre-owned by me pre-2023 in 2023 and should be super easy to do and, maybe even, exceed.
- Commit to attending therapy all month. I’m going to therapy to help me work through various things, including my mum’s death, and I want to attend four sessions this month. (For anyone interested, I am getting therapy via BetterHelp, and you can get a discount from them by using code BESTOF)
- Decide on a work life balance. My health is limiting my ability to work the hours I used to, and I am determined to decide upon, and implement, a better work life balance this year. For January, I want to decide what that looks like and put the steps in place to make it happen next month.
- Book Venice. My best friend and I had a trip to Venice scheduled for 2020, and you can guess why it fell through. We want this year to be the year we actually make the trip happen.
- Go into the forest often. Everything feels better when I’ve gone off with Coco into the forest, and I am so lucky to have Sherwood Forest just a few miles from my house. This goal is hideously vague, so let’s aim for five times this month.
- Drink water daily. Baby steps health goals, here we go.
- Eat fresh fruit/vegetables daily. As above.
- Two date nights. We haven’t always prioritised couple time in this season of busy lives, and I’d like that to change.
- Four cinema trips. I have Odeon’s Limitless package and plenty of people who also enjoy cinema trips. I also want to watch more films this year – 50? – and I love how the cinema forces me to focus on nothing but the film I’m watching. I’ve already watched one this month, I Wanna Dance With Somebody, and it was amazing!
Do you set goals? I’d love to know what you want to do this month.